PASSPORT & VISA
In order to study in Italy international students will receive detailed visa acquisition information upon their acceptance onto a Koefia Academy program. So previous academic advice is already envisaged.
You need to have a valid passport. Obtaining a new passport can take up to 8 weeks. If you already have a passport, check the expiration date to make sure that your passport is valid at least 6 months beyond the date on which you plan to return to your country.
Visa for Italy
The Visa application process can seem daunting at first. After reading through the application instructions on the website of the consulate generalís office in your country, you will find that the process is not as complicated as it initially appeared to be. The two most important things to keep in mind are to read all of the procedural details very carefully and be prepared to navigate your way through the process with patience. Our staff can assist you along the way. Every international student planning to study in Italy must have a valid student visa as per Italian law. Each student is responsible for obtaining his/her own visa.
Important: Visa application procedures are not uniform among consulate generalís offices and may change at any time. The information below is intended to serve as a guideline for students, but for the most accurate visa application information, students should visit the website for his/her jurisdiction and carefully read the instructions provided therein.
(1) Acquire a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date on which you plan to return.
(2) Establish which Italian Consulate generalís office you will need to contact for your student visa. Note that you cannot apply for a visa through a vice consulate office, only a consulate generalís office. For more information, visit the Italian consulate general and vice consulate office page.
(3) Complete the application in the website of the consulate for which you are applying. Make a note of the specific forms which you are required to submit to the consulate in addition to the application itself.
(4) Make photocopies of all application documents being submitted Ė always one set for you. Also make one set for the consulate, should this be an application requirement.
(5) Make a note of the visa application submission process for your consulate office. Do you need to submit the application in-person, schedule an appointment, or submit the application by mail? It is crucial for you to follow the submission instructions in order that you obtain your visa in a timely manner.